Thursday, December 30, 2010

My sanity is in question

I'm starting a blog.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe it's because I feel like I should do something new for the new year.  Maybe it is because I feel like I don't have enough going on already.  Maybe I just feel like I'm the only person who doesn't blog.

BoyCrazy, age 13

It all started when I said, "Go to bed."  When I say those words, I always envision the cute little scene that my 13-year-old daughter, BoyCrazy, always writes about.  She has this idealistic perception of their little feet pitter-pattering to their rooms, with me following behind to tuck them in and kiss them goodnight.  It's a great story...but it never happens.

Most nights, it's exactly opposite of that.  At 8pm, The Posse is supposed to read or color, and take showers, in preparation for their 9pm bedtime.  My husband, we will call him my Deputy, is usually at work for this portion of the night.  Lucky him!



Pinky, age 3.  Yes, this is her normal picture face.
Hambone, age 7 Mastermind, age 11

BoyCrazy is feeling lots of teenage angst at this time, and starts unleashing her mood swings on everyone in sight.  She loves you, yet hates you all in the same breath.  The 11-year-old boy, Mastermind, starts hiding around the house and scaring the 7-year-old boy, Hambone.  Mastermind also makes it his mission to make 3-year-old girl, Pinky, cry.  Pinky does cry, every single night.  Unaffected by the noise and drama in the household, infant Poopaccino continues to smile and be adorable.

 Poopaccino, age 3 months

Battles and tears continue, while I question my purpose on the Earth.  I end up saying things like, "Stop talking to each other," only to realize that statement requires clarification.  I have to say, "No, really...stop speaking to each other.  Stop saying words.  Stop making noises of all kinds.  Don't look at each other.  Don't touch each other.  Don't pretend to look or touch or speak to each other."

This stuff continues on until 9pm.  Then, The Posse goes to bed and it's quiet in the house.

HAHAHA!  Did you actually believe that the night ends there?  Stay tuned for what happens when The Posse goes to bed.

No comments: